Friday, January 17, 2014

Baby Storytime 1/15/14

Book read: Moo, Moo Brown Cow by Jakki Wood 

Acka backa soda cracker (from Northport Library)
Acka backa soda cracker
Acka backa boo! (rock or bounce baby)
Acka backa soda cracker,
I love you! (give baby a hug)

Acka backa soda cracker,
Acka backa boo!
Acka backa soda cracker,
Up goes you! (lift baby)

Wiggle your fingers and toes (from King County Library)
Show me how you clap your hands: Clap, clap, clap! (clap hands)
Show me how you tap your feet: Tap tap tap! (tap toes)
Wiggle your fingers and toes! (wiggle fingers and toes)

Show me how you nod your head: Nod, nod nod! (nod head)
Show me how you flap your arms: Flap, flap flap! (flap arms)
Wiggle your fingers and toes!

Clap your hands!
Tap your feet!
Nod your arms!
Wiggle your fingers and toes!

Bumping up and down (from Deschutes Library)
Bumping up and down in my little red wagon (bounce baby on lap)
Bumping up and down in my little red wagon.
Bumping up and down in my little red wagon
Won't you be my darling?

One wheel's off and the axle's broken. (tilt baby to the left)
One wheel's off and the axle's broken. (tilt baby to the right)
One wheel's off and the axle's broken. (tilt baby to the left)
Won't you be my darling (hug baby)

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Head Shoulders Knees and Toes

Pat a cake
Pat a cake, pat a cake. (clap baby's hands)
Baker's man.
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
Pat it. (pat baby's tummy)
Roll it (roll babies hands)
And mark it with a B.
And put it in the oven for baby and me!

I'm a little cuckoo clock
Tick tock, tick tock. (rock baby back and forth on your lap)
I'm a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
Cuckoo! (lift baby up)

Tick, tock, tick tock.
I'm a little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock.
It's two o 'clock!
Cuckoo! Cuckoo! (lift baby twice)

Wheels on the bus

Literacy tip of the week: Encourage your baby when they practice making sounds. When they coo, gurgle or mimic you they are getting valuable practice with sounds and speech.


No comments:

Post a Comment