Thursday, March 27, 2014

Baby Storytime 3/27/14

Book read: Clip Clop by Nicola Smee

Bumpin' up and down (from Deschutes Library)
Bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon, (bounce baby)
Bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon,
Bumpin' up and down in my little red wagon,
Won't you be my darlin'?
One wheel's off and the axle's broken, (tilt baby to left)
One wheel's off and the axle's broken, (tilt baby to right)
One wheel's off and the axle's broken, (tilt baby to the left)
Won't you be my darlin'?

Clap, Clap, Clap (to the tune of Row, Row, Row Your Boat, from Perry Public Library)
Clap, clap, clap your hands, clap them now with me,
Clap your hands, let me see,
Clap them now with me!
(other verses: tap your knees, shake your feet, touch your shoulders)

Bouncing on my knee (from Iowa City Library)
I'm looking at a baby that I'm bouncing on my knee (bounce baby)
And it is the cutest baby that I ever want to see!
I'll bounce you left, and bounce you right (tilt left and right)
And I'll bounce you out of sight! (lift baby)

I'm a Train (from Perry Public Library)
I'm a choo-choo train (roll baby's arms)
Chugging down the track,
First I go forward (lean forward)
Then I go back (lean back)
Now my bell is ringing,
Hear my whistle blow (toot like a train whistle)
What a lot of noise I make, (cover ears)
Everywhere I go! (stretch out arms)

Itsy Bitsy Spider

Pop Goes the Weasel
All around the mulberry bush, (bounce baby)
The monkey chased the weasel.
The monkey thought was all in fun.
Pop goes the weasel! (lift baby up)

A penny for a spool of thread,
A penny for a needle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop goes the weasel!

I'm a little cuckoo clock (from Born to Read)
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock baby)
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
CUCKOO! (lift baby once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock!
CUCKOO! CUCKOO! (lift baby twice)

Literacy tip of the week: Your baby is absorbing words and language constantly. Talk them to as if they could respond, and point out things in the environment. This is the way babies learn and build their vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment