Thursday, July 14, 2016

ECRR Storytime 7/12/16 and 7/13/16: Talking

Books read: 
Say Hello! by Linda Davick
Bunnies! by Kevan Atteberry

ASL Sign of the Week: Talk

My hands say hello (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Abby the Librarian)
My hands say hello
My hands say hello
Every time I see my friends
My hands say hello
Repeat using other body parts. 

Come along and march with me (from Storytime Underground)
Come and march along with me,
Along with me.
Come and march along with me,
So early in the morning.
(Other actions can include spinning, hopping, bouncing, flying, etc)


Walking, Walking (to the tune of "Frere Jacques", from NIEHS)
Walking, walking, walking, walking,
Hop, hop, hop! Hop, hop, hop!
Running, running, running, running,
running, running,
Now we stop! Now we stop!
(You can substitute other actions for walking and running, such as swaying, swimming or tapping.)

Wheels on the Bus

Down at the Library (with parachute, from What Happens in Storytime)
Down at the library in the story room,
Sat babies and Ms. Kelly and a parachute.
Lift said Ms. Kelly, lift the chute!
And they lifted and lifted that parachute,
Other actions: shake, drop, let go

Here we go up, up, up (from Reading With Red)
Here we go up, up, up! (lift chute)
Here we go down, down, down! (drop chute)
Here we go back and forth! (sway chute from side to side)
And here we go round and round! (walk in a circle) 

Craft: We made paper bag elephant puppets.

Literacy tip of the week: Talking is one of the ways children learn about the world. Young children benefit when adults label what they see and ask them questions every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment