Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Butterfly Storytime 4/10/18

Book read: 
Butterfly, Butterfly by Petr Horacek

ASL sign of the week: Butterfly

The Life of a Butterfly (to the tune of "Skip to my Lou", from Storytime Katie)
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me,
I'm a caterpillar, wiggle with me
What'll I be my darlin'?
(Other verses: chysalis, now sleep with me/ butterfly, come fly with me)

If You’re a Bug and You Know It (from Librarian Lisa's Storytimes)
If you’re a bee and you know it buzz like this “buzz, buzz”
If you’re a bee and you know it buzz like this “buzz, buzz”
If you’re a bee and you know it and you really want to show it,
If you’re a bee and you know it buzz like this “buzz, buzz”

Additional verses:
If you’re a grasshopper…hop like this…
If you’re a caterpillar… eat a leaf “chomp, chomp”…
If you’re a butterfly … flap your wings…

Here fly go up, up, up (modified from Reading With Red)
Here we fly up, up, up! (reach up)
Here we fly down, down, down! (touch floor)
Here we fly back and forth! (sway side to side)
And here we fly round and round! (turn around)

Five little butterflies (from Perry Public Library)
Five little butterflies resting at the door.
One flew away and then there were four.
Four Little butterflies sitting in a tree,
One flew away and then there were three.
Three little butterflies looking at you,
One flew away and then there were two.
Two little butterflies sitting in the sun,
One flew away and then there was one.
One little butterfly, having lots of fun.
He flew away and then there was none.

Craft: We colored a butterfly picture.

Literacy tip of the week: Counting rhymes (like "Five Little Butterflies" help your child understand that stories proceed in a certain order of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment