Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Bug Storytime 5/29/18

Book read:
Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! by Bob Barner

Other book suggestions:
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
I love bugs by Emma Dodd

Can you move with me? (from Sunflower Storytime)
Can you wiggle like a worm?
Can you squiggle? Can you squirm?
Can you flutter? Can you fly like a gentle butterfly?
Can you crawl upon the ground?
Like a beetle that is round?
Can you move with me?

A fly is on my toe (with scarves, from Sunflower Storytime)
A fly is on my toe,
A fly is on my toe,
Hi-ho, just watch me blow,
A fly is on my toe.
Other verses: A fly is on my nose, my head, my elbow, my knee, etc. 

Hickity Pickity Bumblebee (with bug themed words, from Storytime Out Loud)
Hickity Pickity Bumblebee,
Won't you say a word for me?
Let's all shout it!
Let's all whisper it!
Let's all clap it!
Let's all stomp it!

Craft: We placed stickers on a template of a snail.

Literacy tip of the week: Clapping and stomping out words is a great way to emphasize the different syllables of each one.

No comments:

Post a Comment