Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Things That Fly Storytime 6/12/18

Books read:
I love planes! by Philemon Sturges

Other book suggestions:
Planes by Byron Barton
I love bugs! by Emma Dodd

ASL sign of the week: Plane

I'm a little airplane (to the tune of "I'm a little teapot", from here)
I'm a little airplane, in the sky!
Here is my left wing and here is my right (reach one arm up at a time)
First I speed to take off (run)
Then I fly!
I tip my wings as I soar by!

The airplane song by Laurie Berkner

1, 2, 3 (with scarf, from Library Village)
1,2, 3 there's a bug on me!
Where did it go!
I don't know!

If You're a Bug and You Know It (from Librarian Lisa's Storytimes)

If you're a bee and you know it buzz like this "buzz, buzz".
If you’re a bee and you know it buzz like this “buzz, buzz”.
If you’re a bee and you know it and you really want to show it,
If you’re a bee and you know it buzz like this “buzz, buzz”

Additional verses:
If you’re a grasshopper…hop like this…
If you’re a caterpillar… eat a leaf “chomp, chomp”…
If you’re a butterfly … flap your wings

Craft: We colored a picture of a kite.

Literacy tip of the week: Change up the tune to familiar songs as you sing with your child. It is a great way to add some variety and impart new information.

No comments:

Post a Comment