Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Let's Move Storytime 7/17/18

Book read:
I got the rhythm by Connie Schofield-Morrison

ASL sign of the week: Dance

The Elevator Song (from Jbrary)
Oh the city is great and the city is grand. (march)
There's a whole lot of people on a little piece of land.
And we live way up on the 57th floor. (reach up)
This is what we do when we go out the door:
We take the elevator up and the elevator down. (reach up and down)
We take the elevator up and the elevator down.
And we turn around. 

Put your hands up high (from 2016 CSLP Manual)
Put your hands up high,
Put your hands down low,
Put your hands to the side,
And wiggle just so.
Put your elbows to the front.
Put your elbows in back.
Put your elbows to the side,
And "Quack, Quack, Quack!"

Do as I'm doing (from Jbrary)
Do as I'm doing, follow, follow me.
Do as I'm doing, follow, follow me.
If I do it high or low, If I do it fast or slow...
Do as I'm doing, follow, follow me.

Movement Cube

Craft: We decorated a bingo dauber printout of a boat.

Literacy tip of the week: Dance and music both help your child get a better understanding of the rhythm of language.

No comments:

Post a Comment