Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ms. Kelly's Favorites Storytime 4/16/19 and 4/17/19

Book read: 
It looked like spilt milk by Charles Shaw

Other book suggestions:
Is everyone ready for fun? by Jan Thomas
Tap the magic tree by Christie Matheson
Play this book by Jessica Young

If you're a cloud and you know it
If you're a cloud and you know it float around (raise arms and sway)
If you're a cloud and you know it then you'll really want to show it.
If you're a cloud and you know it float around.
Other actions: Make it rain (wave hands to floor), Make it thunder (stomp) 

Put your hands up high (from 2016 CSLP Manual)
Put your hands up high,
Put your hands down low,
Put your hands to the side,
And wiggle just so.
Put your elbows to the front.
Put your elbows in back.
Put your elbows to the side,
And "Quack, Quack, Quack!"

Monkey See, Monkey Do (from Perry Public Library)
Monkey see, monkey do,
Little monkey in the zoo,
Little monkey in the tree,
Can you (insert action) like me?

I've got rainbows in my bubbles (from Yogibrarian)
I've got rainbows in my bubbles yes I do.
I've got rainbows in my bubbles yes I do.
When I look up at the sun I've got rainbows everyone.
I've got rainbows in my bubbles yes I do.

Wheels on the bus

Popcorn, Popcorn (with parachute, from Storytime Katie)

Popcorn, popcorn, put it in the pot.
Shake it up! Shake it up! (shake baby chute)
Pop pop pop! (bounce chute three times)

Craft: We made cotton ball clouds.

Literacy tip of the week: Share your favorite books and songs with your little one! It will help them learn to place importance in books and words.

No comments:

Post a Comment