Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Letter T Storytime 5/28/19 and 5/29/19

Book read:
Tap Tap Bang Bang by Emma Garcia

Other book suggestions: 
It's a tiger! by David LaRochelle
My truck is stuck! by Kevin Lewis
Dragons love tacos by Adam Rubin 

Turn around (To the tune of Frere Jacques, from Yogilibrarian)
Turn around, turn around,
Touch your toes, touch your toes.
Do a little jumping, do a little jumping,
Crouch down low, crouch down low. 

Tickle Toes by Jim Gill

I'm a little cuckoo clock (from KCLS)

Tick tock, tick tock, (rock back and forth)
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
CUCKOO! (jump once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock!
CUCKOO! CUCKOO! (jump twice)
 

Way up high in the apple tree (modified from Literary Commentary)
Way up high in the apple tree, (lift arms)
10 little apples smiled at me!
I shook that tree as hard as I could, (shake back and forth)
Down came the apple, (wave hands towards ground)
Boy was it good!

Craft: We decorated a template of the letter T with bingo daubers.

Literacy tip of the week: Songs and books can be adapted to be done in different ways as your child gets older. It is a great way to provide some repetition and familiarity yet still keep things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment