Thursday, March 18, 2021

Facebook Live Storytime 3/18/21

Book read: Bunnies! by Kevan Atteberry

Joe the Bunny
I'm a little bunny, my name is Joe.
I hop fast, and I hope slow! (hop fast then slow)
Whenever I get sleepy, my ears droop low, (make droopy ears with hands)
But after my nap, up they go! (lift "ears" up)

Hop along (to the tune of "Row, row, row your boat")
Hop, hop, hop along,
Or bounce on someone's knee.
Higher and higher and higher,
Bunny hop with me! 

Bunny in the hole
Bunny in the hole,
Sits so still,
Will he come out?
Yes he will!

Dance your bunnies
Dance your bunnies up,
Dance your bunnies down,
Dance your bunnies side to side,
Dance them round and round,
Dance them on your shoulders,
Dance them on your head,
Dance them on your tummy,
And put them right to bed!

There's something in my garden (with puppets)
There's something in my garden,
Something I can't see.
I hear a funny sound (insert noise)
What could it be?

Literacy tip of the week: Stories with few words provide a great opportunity to ask your child questions as you read together.

No comments:

Post a Comment