Friday, July 3, 2015

H is for Hero Storytime 6/30/15 and 7/1/15

Book read:
Clip Clop by Nicola Smee
Hiccupotamus by Steve Smallman

Other book suggestions:
My Heart Is Like a Zoo by Michael Hall
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Hop! Hop! Jump! by Lauren Thompson

ASL Sign of the Week: Letter H and Horse

Giddyup, Giddyup (from King County Library System)
Giddyup, giddyup ride to town, (bounce child on your lap)
Giddyup, giddyup, up and down.
Giddyup fast, (bounce quickly)
Giddyup slow, (bounce slowly)
Giddyup, giddyup, WHOA! (dip backwards)

My hands say hello (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Abby the Librarian)
My hands say hello
My hands say hello
Every time I see my friends
My hands say hello
Repeat using other body parts. 

Funny, Funny, Froggy (from Perry Public Library)
Funny, funny froggy,
Hop, hop hop!  (jump)
Funny, funny froggy,
Stop, stop, stop! (stop)
Funny, funny froggy,
Don't run away! (run)
Funny, funny froggy,
Stay and play!

Walking, Walking

sung to the tune of "Frere Jacques", from NIEHS
Walking, walking, walking, walking,
Hop, hop, hop! Hop, hop, hop!
Running, running, running, running,
running, running,
Now we stop! Now we stop!
(You can substitute other actions for walking and running, such as swaying, swimming or tapping.)

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

I have a little heart (from Delta Township Library)
I have a little heart (place hand over heart)
That goes thump, thump, thump. (pat chest three times)
It keeps right on beating when I jump, jump, jump. (jump three times)
I get a special feeling when I look at you.
It makes me want to blow you a kiss or two. (blow kisses)

Hokey Pokey
 
Silly Hat Song (from SurLaLune Storytime)
(Tune: This Old Man)
On my head, I wear my hat.
It is such a silly hat
That my head will wiggle waggle to and fro
Where else can my silly hat go?
(Repeat using foot, elbow and knee)

Humpty, Dumpty (with scarves)

Bunny in the hole (with scarves, adapted from "Jack in the Box" by Jbrary)
Bunny in the hole,
Sits so still,
Will he come out?
Yes he will!

Craft: We decorated a print out of the letter H.

Literacy tip of the week: Talking about letters and the sounds they make is a great way to prepare your child for recognizing the sounds in language.

No comments:

Post a Comment