Thursday, July 9, 2015

Heroes In My Family Storytime 7/7/15 and 7/8/15

Books read:
Where is my Mommy? by Julie Downing
The Family Book by Todd Parr

Other book suggestions:
Families by Shelley Rottner
One Family by George Shannon

Sign of the Week: Mom and Dad

If you have a brother (from Abby the Librarian
If you have a brother,
A brother, a brother,
If you have a brother, please stand up!
Repeat with other family members

My Family Likes (to the tune of "Wheels on the Bus", adapted from Johnson County Library
My grandma likes to bounce me up and down,
Up and down, up and down.
My grandma likes to bounce with me because she loves me so.
Repeat with other combinations of family members and actions (jump, clap, stomp etc.)

I'm Mommy's little cuckoo clock (adapted from Born to Read)
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock back and forth)
I'm a Mommy's little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock! (jump once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm Mommy's little cuckoo clock.
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock! (jump twice)

My Daddy Works With One Hammer (from I Read to Relax)
My daddy works with one hammer, one hammer, one hammer (pound one fist)
My daddy works with one hammer, and then he works with two! (pound both fists)
My daddy works with two hammers, two hammers, two hammers,
My daddy works with two hammers, and then he works with three! (pound fists and stomp one foot)
My daddy works with three hammers, three hammers, three hammers,
My daddy works with three hammers, and then he works with four! (pound fists and stomp feet)
My daddy works with four hammers, four hammers, four hammers,
My daddy works with four hammers, and then he needs a nap! (pretend to sleep)

I have a little heart (from Delta Township Library)
I have a little heart (place hand over heart)
That goes thump, thump, thump. (pat chest three times)
It keeps right on beating when I jump, jump, jump. (jump three times)
I get a special feeling when I look at you.
It makes me want to blow you a kiss or two. (blow kisses)

Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed

My Grandfather Clock by Bob McGrath (with rhythm sticks)

Craft: We used stickers to decorate this heart.

Literacy tip of the week: Spending time reading with family helps your child develop positive associations with books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment