Thursday, May 11, 2017

Baby Storytime 5/11/17

Books read: 
Mommy, where are you? by Leonid Gore

ASL Sign of the Week: Mom

Friend of Mine (to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb", from Kelly's Kindergarten)
Will you be a friend of mine, friend of mine, friend of mine?
Will you be a friend of mine and (insert action) around with me?

Here we go up, up, up (from Reading With Red)
Here we go up, up, up! (reach up)
Here we go down, down, down! (touch floor)
Here we go back and forth! (sway side to side)
And here we go round and round! (turn around)

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

I'm a little cuckoo clock (from KCLS)
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock baby)
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
CUCKOO! (lift baby once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock!
CUCKOO! CUCKOO! (lift baby twice)

Wheels on the Bus

10 Little Bubbles (while popping bubbles, to the tune of "Ten Little Indians")

One little,
Two little,
Three little bubbles,
Four little,
Five little,
Six little bubbles.
Seven little,
Eight little,
Nine little bubbles.
Ten little bubbles in the air.

Row, row, row your boat (with parachute) 

The chute is on my head (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Laughter and Literacy)

The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute is on my head!
The chute goes up and down, the chute goes up and down!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes up and down!
The chute goes fast and slow, the chute goes fast and slow!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes fast and slow!
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o the chute is on my head!

Literacy tip of the week: Simple lift the flap books (like "Mommy, where are you?") are a fun way to hold your baby's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment