Thursday, July 27, 2017

Build your Brain for Preschoolers 7/24/17: Sensory Fun

Book read: 
Five For A Little One by Chris Raschka

Touch Game (from Perry Public Library)
Touch your nose, touch your chin,
That's the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, touch your knees,
No pretend you're going to sneeze!
Touch your hair, touch your eat,
Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That's the way this touch game ends.

Watch the snowflakes (to the tune of "Frere Jacques", from Jen In The Library)
Watch the snowflakes, watch the snowflakes,
Falling down, falling down,
Oh so very slowly, Oh so very slowly,
To the ground, to the ground.
(replace snowflakes with leaves, rain, etc.)

I'm a little teapot
I'm a little teapot.
Short and stout.
Here is my handle.
Here is my spout.
When I get all steamed up.
Hear me shout:
"Tip me over and pour me out!" 

Peekaboo with parachute

Sensory stations

Literacy tip of the week: Sensory activities provide great opportunities to introduce kids to new vocabulary. Many fun and unusual words often come up during sensory play, such as "squishy" and "gooey"!


No comments:

Post a Comment