Thursday, October 19, 2017

Baby Storytime 10/19/17

Book read:
Chugga Chugga Choo Choo by Emma Garcia

ASL sign of the week: Train

They're a part of me (to the tune of "Wheels on the Bus", from Miss Meg's Storytime)
I can make my hands go
Clap, clap, clap,
Clap, clap, clap,
Clap, clap, clap.
Because they're a part of me.
Other verses: Feet go stomp, lips go kiss, etc.

Giddyup, Giddyup (from King County Library System)
Giddyup, giddyup ride to town, (bounce baby on your lap)
Giddyup, giddyup, up and down.
Giddyup fast, (bounce quickly)
Giddyup slow, (bounce slowly)
Giddyup, giddyup, WHOA! (dip baby backwards)   

Baby Fell Into the Bathtub (modified from Perry Public Library)

Baby fell into the bathtub, (tip baby back as if falling)
Baby fell into the sink (repeat)
Baby fell into the raspberry jam (repeat)
And came out pink! (lift baby up)  

Itsy Bitsy Spider  

I'm a little cuckoo clock (from KCLS)
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock back and forth)
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
CUCKOO! (jump once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock!
CUCKOO! CUCKOO! (jump twice)

Wheels on the bus

10 Little Bubbles (while popping bubbles, to the tune of "Ten Little Indians")
One little,
Two little,
Three little bubbles,
Four little,
Five little,
Six little bubbles.
Seven little,
Eight little,
Nine little bubbles.
Ten little bubbles in the air.

The chute is on my head (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Laughter and Literacy)
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute is on my head!
The chute goes up and down, the chute goes up and down!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes up and down!
The chute goes fast and slow, the chute goes fast and slow!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes fast and slow!
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o the chute is on my head!

Literacy tip of the week: Read anything and everything to your baby. No matter what you are reading material you choose they will benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment