Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Letter H Storytime 12/10/19 and 12/11/19

Book read:
Whose hat is that? by Anita Bijsterbosch

Other book suggestions:
Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina
Blue Hat, Green Hat by Sandra Boynton

Silly Hat Song (with scarves, from SurLaLune Storytime)
(Tune: This Old Man)
On my head, I wear my hat.
It is such a silly hat
That my head will wiggle waggle to and fro
Where else can my silly hat go?
(Repeat using foot, elbow and knee)

Let's All Do a Little Clapping 
(Tune:"We Wish You a Merry Christmas", modified from Storytime Katie)
Let's all do a little clapping,
Let's all do a little clapping,
Let's all do a little clapping,
and spread holiday cheer!
Other actions can include stomping, jumping, twirling, etc. 

Jingle Bells (H is for "Hey!")


Craft: We used bingo daubers to decorate a printout of the Letter H.

Literacy tip of the week: Books make great holiday gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment