Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Train Storytime 12/3/19 and 12/4/19

Book read:
A train goes clickety-clack by Jonathan London

Other book suggestions:
Chugga Chugga Choo Choo by Emma Garcia
Freight Train by Donald Crews 

I'm a Train (from Perry Public Library)
I'm a choo-choo train (roll baby's arms)
Chugging down the track,
First I go forward (lean forward)
Then I go back (lean back)
Now my bell is ringing,
Hear my whistle blow (toot like a train whistle)
What a lot of noise I make, (cover ears)
Everywhere I go! (stretch out arms)

Chugg Chugg Chugg (tune of "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom", from Adventures of a Bookworm)
Chug, chug, chug,
We're riding on a train!
Chug, chug, chug,
In sunshine and in rain.
If you want to get somewhere,
Climb aboard and pay the fare!

The Wheels on the Train
The Wheels on the Train go round and round,
Round and round, round and round.
The wheels on the train go round and round.
All through the town.
Additional verses:
The people on the train go bumpety-bump.

The bell on the train goes ding-ding-dong.
The whistle on the train goes whoo whoo whoo.

Parachute play: We practiced going up and down with the parachute. We also shook the parachute and chugged like a train. 

Craft: We used a train template and toilet paper rolls to make trains.

Literacy tip of the week:
If a book is not holding your child's attention feel free to take a reading break.

No comments:

Post a Comment