Thursday, January 23, 2020

Baby Storytime 1/23/20

Book read:
Hello Baby by Mem Fox

Hello Everybody (modified from Jbrary)
Hello everybody can you touch your nose, touch your nose, touch your nose?
Well hello everybody can you touch your nose, touch your nose?

Well hello everybody can you touch your toes, touch your toes, touch your toes?
Well hello everybody can you touch your toes?
(Other actions can include clap your hands, jump up high, stomp your feet, etc)

Silly Scarf Song (with scarves, modified from SurLaLune Storytime)
On my head, there is a scarf.
It is such a silly hat
And that scarf will wiggle waggle to and fro
Where else can my silly scarf go?
(Repeat using foot, elbow and knee)
 
Peekaboo (with scarves)
 
I'm a little cuckoo clock
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock baby)
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
CUCKOO! (lift baby once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock!
CUCKOO! CUCKOO! (lift baby twice)

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Floating Bubble Song

If you're happy and you know it (with parachute)


The chute is on my head (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell" from Laughter and Literacy)
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute is on my head!
The chute goes up and down, the chute goes up and down!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes up and down!
The chute goes fast and slow, the chute goes fast and slow!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes fast and slow!
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o the chute is on my head!

Literacy tip of the week: Babies learn best from their caregivers, so it is just fine to stick to books, songs and rhymes that feel comfortable to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment