Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday Fun Storytime 12/10/13 and 12/11/13

Books read:
Christmas Magic by Sue Stainton
The house that Santa built by Dianne De Las Casas

Other book suggestions:
Llama llama holiday drama by Anna Dewdney
It's Christmas by Tina Burke
Bear stays up for Christmas by Karma Wilson

Little Green Tree (from Step by Step Childcare)
I'm a little green tree in the house,
Here is my trunk (raise arms up straight)
Here are my boughs. (hold arms out to sides)
Decorate me now with lights so fine (move hands across body)
Then plug me in and watch me shine! (hold arms out to sides and smile)

Where is Santa? (from Step by Step Childcare)
Where is Santa? Where is Santa? (put hands behind back)
Here I am! Here I am! (make a big belly with your arms)
Merry, merry Christmas!
Merry, merry Christmas!
Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! (put hands behind back)

The Reindeer Pokey
You put your antlers in, (bow head forward)
You put your antlers out, (lean head back)
You put your antlers in,
And you shake them all about (shake head)
You do the Reindeer Pokey and you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about!

Other verses include hooves (feet), tail, red nose, and reindeer self.

Dance to "Boogie Woogie Santa" on CD

Sing "Jingle Bells"

Five Little Bells (from the Holiday Zone)
Five little bells hanging in a row, (hold up five fingers)
The first one said "Ring me slow." (hold up one finger)
The second one said "Ring me fast." (hold up two fingers)
The third one said "Ring me last." (hold up three fingers)
The fourth one said "I'm like a chime." (hold up four fingers)
The fifth one said "Ring us all at Christmas time!" (hold up five fingers)

Literacy tip of the week: Stories with a definite pattern (such as "The House that Santa built") are great to read aloud because they encourage a child's participation.When you read this kind of book one on one the repetition can also encourage your child to recognize repeated words.

Craft:
We made wreaths out of paper plates and construction paper :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment