Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Getting Messy Storytime 9/23/14 and 9/24/14

Books read: 
Dog's Colorful Day by Emma Dodd
Ain't Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont

Other book suggestions:
I'm Dirty by Kate McMullan
Icky Sticky Monster by Jo Lodge
Mud Puddle by Robert Munsch

ASL Sign of the Week: Messy

If You're Messy and You Know It

I Feel So Crazy I Jump In the Soup by Laurie Berkner (on her CD "Victor Vito")

Bubblegum (to the tune of "Lollipop" by the Chordettes, from SLC Book Boy)
Bubblegum, bubblegum,
Sticky, sticky, bubblegum.
Bubblegum!

Spaghetti (using scarves) (from Ohio Ready to Read)
Spaghetti in my tummy,
Spaghetti on my nose,
Spaghetti on my elbows,
Spaghetti on my toes.
Wipe it off my elbows,
Wipe it off my toes,
Oops! Here comes mommy!
I forgot my nose!

This Is The Way (from Mel's Desk)
This is the way we wash our arms,
Wash our arms, wash our arms.
This is the way we wash our arms,
When we're in the bathtub.
(repeat using legs, tummy, head, etc)

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes ("washing" each body part with our scarves)

Ring Around the Mud Puddle ( to the tune of "Ring Around the Rosie", with parachute)
Ring around the mud puddle,
Ring around the mud puddle.
Pockets full of mud.
Splish, splash. Splish, splash.
We all jump in!

The chute is on my head (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Laughter and Literacy)
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute is on my head!
The chute goes up and down, the chute goes up and down!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes up and down!
The chute goes fast and slow, the chute goes fast and slow!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes fast and slow!
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o the chute is on my head!

Literacy tip of the week: Make sure your child sees you reading. It is a great way to show them that you value books and therefore will help develop your child's love of reading!

Craft:
Toddlers pasted torn construction paper on a picture of Dog from "Dog's Colorful Day".
Preschoolers colored an outline inspired by "Ain't Gonna Paint No More".

No comments:

Post a Comment