Wednesday, May 20, 2015

From Head to Toe Storytime 5/19/15 and 5/20/15

Books read:
We've all got bellybuttons by David Martin
I ain't gonna paint no more by Karen Beaumont

Other book suggestions:
Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox
If you're happy and you know it by Jane Cabrera
Dancing Feet by Lindsay Craig

My hands say hello (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Abby the Librarian)
My hands say hello
My hands say hello
Every time I see my friends
My hands say hello
Repeat using other body parts. 

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Touch Game (from Perry Public Library)
Touch your nose, touch your chin,
That's the way this game begins.
Touch your eyes, touch your knees,
No pretend you're going to sneeze!
Touch your hair, touch your eat,
Touch your two red lips right here.
Touch your elbows where they bend,
That's the way this touch game ends.

Reach up high (from Perry Public Library)
Reach up high,
Bend down low,
Reach up, up, up
Bend down, down, down
Up, up, up
Down, down, down.
And jump! Jump! Jump!

Body Rock on Kids in Motion

Hands are for clapping by Jim Gill

Where is Big Toe? (to the tune of "Where is Thumbkin?", from Library Meow)
Where is big toe?
Where is big toe?
Here I am! Here I am! (touch baby's toe)
Wiggle, wiggle, big toe,
Wiggle, wiggle, big toe.
My big toe. My big toe.

Other verses can include:
Where is elbow...bendy, bendy elbow.
Where is tummy... tickle, tickle tummy.
Where are two eyes... peekaboo two eyes.
Where are two hands... happy clappy two hands.

Movement Cube

Used parachute with preschoolers to play a simplified version of Twister

Craft: We colored this body part labeling worksheet. Parents were encouraged to talk about the parts of the body with their children.

Literacy tip of the week: Coloring is great practice for writing. It develops the hand muscles and fine motor skills necessary to hold a pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment