Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Cat Storytime 10/6/15 and 10/7/15

Books read:
I love cats by Sue Stainton
Pete the Cat: I love my white shoes by Eric Litwin

ASL Sign of the Week: Cat

If you're a cat and you know it (version of "If you're happy and you know it")
If you're a cat and you know it pounce like this,
If you're a cat and you know it and you really want to show it,
If you're a cat and you know it pounce like this. 
Other actions can include stretching, shaking tail, meowing, etc.

My Little Kitty (to the tune of Shortin' Bread)
My little kitty loves running, running,
My little kitty loves running fast.
My little kitty loves jumping, jumping,
My little kitty loves jumping high.
Other actions can include: Spinning around, Shaking quick, etc.

Paws, whiskers, ears and tails (from Carol Simon Levin, version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes")
Paws (curl hands in front)
Whiskers (make whiskers on face)
Ears (touch ears) and tails (touch bottom).
We will like our fur and nap right here.
Paws, whiskers, ears and tails,
Ears and tails!

Pin the shoe on Pete the Cat

I've got a cat on my knee (with scarves, from Storytime Kids, to the tune of "Skip to my Loo")
I've got a cat on my knee,
I've got a cat on my knee,
I've got a cat on my knee,
Meow, meow, meow, meow!
Move to other body parts for additional verses.

Little Kittens (done with scarves, from Suralune Storytime)
Little kittens, snuggled tight,
Sleeping soundly through the night,
Meow, meow, meow, meow!
Time to get up now!

Literacy tip of the week: Moving your finger along the words as you read to your child is a great way to teach them that print goes right to left.

No comments:

Post a Comment