Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Pet Storytime 11/17/15 and 11/18/15

Books read: 
Hooray for Fish by Lucy Cousins
My Dog Bob by Richard Torrey

ASL Signs of the Week: Cat and Dog

If you're a pet and you know it (modified from Miss Meg's Storytime)
If you're a dog and you know it shake your tail!
If you're a dog and you know it shake your tail!
If you're a dog and you know it and you really want to to show it,
If you're a dog and you know it shake your tail!  
Other verses can include: cat/pounce like this, fish/move your fins, hamster/run in place)

Tiptoe soft (from SuraLune Storytime)
Tiptoe soft as a pussy cat,
Soft on little cat feet,
Flap your wings like a baby bird,
Open your beak for a treat!
Clomp, clomp, clomp, like a big old horse,
Pick up a hoof and then,
Tip, tip, tip, on the tips of your toes,
Soft as a cat again.  

The Goldfish by Laurie Berkner

We are the Dinosaurs by Laurie Berkner
(for a funny pet!)

I've got a cat on my knee (to the tune of "Skip to My Loo", using cat cut outs, modified from Storytime Kids)
I've got a cat on my knee,
Cat on my knee,
Cat on my knee,
Meow, meow, meow, meow!
Time to move him now!
Repeat with cat on various body parts.

Puppies in the dog house 
Using the parachute as our "dog house" the kids pretended to be puppies and go in and out of it while adults lifted the chute.

Craft: We decorated paper plate fish with construction paper.

Literacy tip of the week:  Dancing is a great way for kids to explore the rhythm in language!

No comments:

Post a Comment