Thursday, May 25, 2017

Baby Storytime 5/25/17

Book read: Hooray for birds!

ASL sign of the week: Bird

My hands say hello (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Abby the Librarian)
My hands say hello
My hands say hello
Every time I see my friends
My hands say hello
Repeat using other body parts.

We Hit the Floor Together (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Abby Librarian)
We hit the floor together,
We hit the floor together,
We hit the floor together,
Because it's fun to do!
Repeat with different actions: clap hands, nod heads, sway side to side, say hello, etc.


Bouncing, Bouncing (adapted from NIEHS)
Bouncing, bouncing (bounce baby)
Hop, hop, hop! Hop, hop, hop!
Bouncing, bouncing bouncing,
Bouncing, bouncing,
Now we stop! (stop)
Other actions can include clapping, stomping, flying, etc. 


I'm a rocket (from SLC Book Boy)
I'm a rocket on the ground (crouch down)
Waiting quietly without a sound.
Light this fuse on my little toe. (touch toe)
Ready for blastoff, here I go!
5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
Blast off! 

Twinkle Little Star

Wheels on the Bus

10 Little Bubbles (while popping bubbles, to the tune of "Ten Little Indians")

One little,
Two little,
Three little bubbles,
Four little,
Five little,
Six little bubbles.
Seven little,
Eight little,
Nine little bubbles.
Ten little bubbles in the air.

Literacy tip of the week: Even everyday activities can be great opportunities to introduce vocabulary. For instance during bath time you can introduce the words "sink" and "float".

No comments:

Post a Comment