Monday, July 10, 2017

Build Your Brain for Preschoolers 7/10/17: Stories

Book read:
Reading makes you feel good by Todd Parr

Other book suggestions:
Where are my books? by Debbie Ridpath Ohi
Mom, Dad our books and Me by Danielle Marcotte

If you love reading and you know it 

The Goldfish by Laurie Berkner (shows use of imagination!)


Story stew (modified from MCLS Kids, done with puppets on parachute)
Story stew, story stew!
Some for me, and some for you!
Who should we add to our story stew?

The chute is on my head (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Laughter and Literacy)
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute is on my head!
The chute goes up and down, the chute goes up and down!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes up and down!
The chute goes fast and slow, the chute goes fast and slow!
Hi ho the dairy-o, the chute goes fast and slow!
The chute is on my head, the chute is on my head!
Hi ho the dairy-o the chute is on my head!

Literacy tip of the week: Reading together builds connections in a child's brain. When we read with those we love, those connections are strengthened even futher.

Post storytime activity: Scavenger hunt for our favorite book characters

No comments:

Post a Comment