Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Storytime Rocks Storytime 8/7/18

Book read:
Reading makes you feel good by Todd Parr

Wake up Feet (modified from Jbrary)
Wake up feet and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!
Wake up feet and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle!
Wake up and wiggle in the morning!
(for additional verses use different body parts)

Going to Storytime (with shakers, modified from 2014 ALA conference Guerilla Storytime)
We're going to storytime,
Our friends will be there too!
To read books, sing songs and have some fun it's true!
Shake it, baby, shake it!
Shake it if you can!
Shake it like a milkshake and pour it in a can!
Shake it to the bottom!
Shake it to the top!
Shake it round and round and round,
Until I tell you STOP!

I am a fine musician (from Storytime Out Loud)
I am a fine musician,
That's what people say.
And people come from all around,
Just to hear me play.
My tapping, my tapping,
They love to hear my tapping!
Repeat with other actions like shaking, singing, etc.

Mr. Eric's Jumping Song by Eric Litwin

The Freeze by Greg and Steve on "Kids in Motion" (with scarves)

Craft: We decorated guitar cutouts with torn paper.  

Literacy tip of the week: Share your favorite songs and books with your child. They will pick up on your enthusiasm!



No comments:

Post a Comment