Thursday, October 18, 2018

Baby Storytime 10/18/18

Book read:
My nose, your nose by Melanie Walsh

Clap, Clap, Clap Your Hands
Clap, clap clap your hands, (clap hands)
Clap them now with me,
Clap your hands, let me see,
Clap them now with me.

Tap, tap tap your feet, (tap feet on the floor)
Tap them now with me,
Tap your feet, let me see,
Tap them now with me.

Shake, shake, shake your feet, (shake baby's feet back and forth)
Shake them now with me,
Shake your feet, let me see,
Shake them now with me.
(Other verses can include touching body parts, slapping knees, etc.)

Leaves are Falling (adapted from SuraLune Fairy Tales)
Leaves are falling, (wiggle fingers and move hands towards floor)
Leaves are falling,
All around. (spin)
All around.
They are falling softly,
Very, very softly.
To the ground.(touch ground) 

Wheels on the bus

I'm a little cuckoo clock (from KCLS)
Tick tock, tick tock, (rock back and forth)
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's one o'clock!
CUCKOO! (jump once)

Tick tock, tick tock,
I'm a little cuckoo clock!
Tick tock, tick tock,
It's two o'clock!
CUCKOO! CUCKOO! (jump twice)

10 Little Bubbles (while popping bubbles, to the tune of "Ten Little Indians")
One little,
Two little,
Three little bubbles,
Four little,
Five little,
Six little bubbles.
Seven little,
Eight little,
Nine little bubbles.
Ten little bubbles in the air. 

Where is Pumpkin? (with scarves, to the tune of "Frere Jacques", from Step by Step Childcare)
Where is pumpkin, where is pumpkin? (hide face)
Here I am! Here I am! (move scarf)
I am round and orange,
See my funny face? (make funny face)
Now you don't. (hide face)
Now you don't.

Literacy tip of the week: Books teach babies about themselves and the world. For instance "My Nose, Your Nose" teaches about the parts of the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment