Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Rainbow Storytime 3/12/19 and 3/13/19

Book read: Duckie's Rainbow by Frances Barry 

Other book suggestions: 
Wow said the Owl by Tim Hopgood
Maisy's Rainbow Dream by Lucy Cousins  

The Rain is Falling Down (to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell", from Storytime Katie)
The rain is falling down, (flutter fingers down) SPLASH! (clap once)
The rain is falling down, (flutter fingers down) SPLASH! (clap once)
Pitter patter pitter patter, (tap legs)
The rain is falling down (flutter fingers) SPLASH! (clap once)

Stomping in the Rain (from Librarian vs. Storytime)
We're stomping in the rain, (stomp feet)
We're stomping in the rain,
We can't go yet,
We must get wet!
We're stomping in the rain!
Other verses can include clapping, hopping, twirling, dancing, etc.

Rainbow Stew (with parachute and flannel pieces, modified from Storytime with Ms. Jennifer)
Rainbow Stew, Rainbow Stew,
Some for me and some for you!
Take a (insert fruit) put it in the pot,
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
When you stop, what will you it be?
The prettiest (insert color) you ever did see. 

I've got rainbows in my bubbles (from Yogibrarian)
I've got rainbows in my bubbles yes I do.
I've got rainbows in my bubbles yes I do.
When I look up at the sun I've got rainbows everyone.
I've got rainbows in my bubbles yes I do.

If you're wearing red today (to the tune of "The Muffin Man", from Green Bean Teen Queen)
If you're wearing red today,
Red today, red today,
If you're wearing red today,
Stand up and say "Hooray!"
(repeat with other colors)

Literacy tip of the week: A post reading puppet show is a great way for you child to show you their understanding of what you've read together.

No comments:

Post a Comment