Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Let's Fly Storytime 6/11/19 and 6/12/19

Book read: 
A plane goes ka-zoom by Jonathan London

Other book suggestions:
Butterfly, Butterfly by Petr Horacek
I love planes! by Philemon Sturges
I love bugs! by Emma Dodd

Here we fly up, up, up (modified from Reading With Red)
Here we fly up, up, up! (reach up)
Here we fly down, down, down! (touch floor)
Here we fly back and forth! (sway side to side)
And here we fly round and round! (turn around)

I'm a little airplane (to the tune of "I'm a little teapot", from here)
I'm a little airplane, in the sky!
Here is my left wing and here is my right (reach one arm up at a time)
First I speed to take off (run)
Then I fly!
I tip my wings as I soar by!

We're going on vacation in a plane (from Laura Armstrong)
Oh we're going on vacation in a plane (walk)
Oh we're going on vacation in a plane (walk)
Oh we're going on vacation!
Oh we're going on vacation!
Oh we're going on vacation in a plane.
Other verses: Flying oh so high, flying very low, landing very gently

Butterfly, Butterfly (from Perry Public Library)
Butterfly, butterfly dancing all around (hook thumbs and fly fingers up and down)
Butterfly, butterfly now you're on the ground (flutter fingers to the floor)
In a tree hard to see, now you've flown away (flutter fingers up and behind back)
Butterfly, butterfly please come back and play (flutter fingers to the front again)   

Craft: We made "planes" out of Popsicle sticks and decorated a picture with cotton ball clouds.

Literacy tip of the week: Imagining in songs and games is great preparation for the imagining required when reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment