Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Rockets and Space Storytime 7/16/19

Book read:
On the launch pad by Michael Dahl

Other book suggestions:
Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! I'm off to the moon! by Dan Yaccarino
The Way Back Home by Oliver Jeffers

I'm a little rocket (from Mel's Desk, to the tune of "I'm a little teapot")
I'm a little rocket, tall and thin. (reach hands up high)
Here is my nose cone. (make triangle with hands)
Here are my fins. (touch feet)
When I get all fired up, launch begins.
Watch me rise and see me spin!  (spin around)

Who is the astronaut (from CSLP manual, using puppets)
Who is the astronaut with ears so long and funny?
She hops around the rocket ship.
She's a bunny!
Who is the astronaut jumping on a long?
"Ribbit, Ribbit, Ribbit!"
It's a frog!
Who is the astronaut with the long tail of course?
"Neigh, neigh!"
It's a horse!
Who is the astronaut with four legs and a horn?
We rarely ever see one.
It's a unicorn!

Let's go riding in a rocket ship (modified from "Let's go riding in an elevator", with parachute)
Let's go riding in a rocket ship!
Let's go riding in a rocket ship!
Up, up, up we go!
Down, down, down we come!

Rocketship version of "Motorboat, motorboat" (with parachute)

Craft: We made space collages with space stickers.

Literacy tip of the week: Peeling stickers is a great way to help your child develop the fine motor skills needed for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment