Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Orange Storytime 10/8/19 and 10/9/19

Book read: 
It's a Tiger! by David Larochelle

Other book suggestions: 
Autumn Orange by Christianne Jones
Pumpkin Heads by Wendell Minor

The great big lion (to the tune of Shortnin' Bread, modified from Verona Storytime)

The great big lion loves jumping, jumping,
The great big lion loves jumping high.
Other actions include: spinning round, running fast, roaring loud, etc

If I were a leaf

If I were a leaf,
I'd jump down from my tree, (jump)
I'd dance in the wind, (dance)
I'd fly in the breeze, (pretend to fly)
Falling softly to the ground I'd spin in the air (spin around)
Then I'd land on the ground. (fall down) 
I just don't know where. (shrug shoulders)

Ring around the pumpkin (from The Lion is a Bookworm)
Ring around the pumpkin,
Orange and round,
Pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seeds,
We all fall down!

Literacy tip of the week: Play is an important part of literacy development. It builds a child's storytelling skills and imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment