Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Storytime for Head Start 12/18/19

Book read:
The House that Santa built by Dianne De La Casas

Let's All Do a Little Clapping 
(Tune:"We Wish You a Merry Christmas", modified from Storytime Katie)
Let's all do a little clapping,
Let's all do a little clapping,
Let's all do a little clapping,
and spread Christmas cheer!

I'm a little green tree (from Step by Step Childcare)
I'm a little green tree in the house
Here is my trunk (arm straight up)
Here are my boughs (arms to the side)
Decorate me now with lights so fine (move arms across body)
Then plug me in and watch me shine! 

Where is Santa? (from Step by Step Childcare)

Where is Santa? Where is Santa? (put hands behind back)
Here I am! Here I am! (make a big belly with your arms)
Merry, merry Christmas!
Merry, merry Christmas!
Ho ho ho! Ho ho ho! (put hands behind back)

The Reindeer Pokey
You put your antlers in, (bow head forward)
You put your antlers out, (lean head back)
You put your antlers in,
And you shake them all about (shake head)
You do the Reindeer Pokey and you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about!
Other verses include hooves (feet), tail, red nose, and reindeer self.


Jingle bells

No comments:

Post a Comment