Thursday, November 19, 2020

Facebook Live Storytime 11/19/20

Book read: If animals gave thanks by Ann Whitford Paul

I love Mommy (to the tune of "Frere Jacques" )
(we did this song using the ASL signs for "Mom" "Love" and "Yes")
I love Mommy, I love Mommy
Yes I do, Yes I do.
Mommies are for hugging (hug self or mom)
Mommies are for kissing, (blow a kiss)
I love you, yes I do. (point to mother)

Friend of Mine (to the tune of "Mary Had A Little Lamb")
Will you be a friend of mine, friend of mine, friend of mine?
Will you be a friend of mine and (insert action) around with me? 
 
We're going to the market (modified version of We're Going to the Zoo from ALA's 2014 Guerilla Storytime)
We're going to the market,
We're going to be there soon!
We're going to get some veggies, and other yummy food!
Shake it baby, shake it!
Shake it while you can!
Shake it like a milkshake, and pour it in the can!
Shake it to the bottom! Shake it to the top!
Shake it round and round and round!
Until I tell you stop!  

Itsy Bitsy Spider
 
Literacy tip of the week: Fingerplays help to develop fine motor skills that are needed for learning to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment